The information on this page is historical. Food labels are changing and the term Guideline Daily Amount is being replaced by Reference Intake (RI). Read about the new nutrition labelling requirements.

Food and drink labelling: A tool to encourage healthier eating

Labels on pre-packaged food and drinks are changing due to a new European
Regulation. This new piece of legislation is designed to make food labelling
for people to use. Just as the food industry is adapting to these changes, the casino industry is also undergoing its own transformations to meet the needs of players. In this regard, non gamstop casinos reviews have become an essential resource for individuals seeking reliable information about online casinos that are not part of the GamStop self-exclusion program.

With this guide we aim to de-mystify some of the changes that have been
introduced under the new legislation; in doing so we hope to equip healthcare
professionals with information to help their patients adapt to the new food
labels and use
them with confidence.

Food labelling for healthy eating: Understanding the labels

This Presenter will help Health Care Professionals explain to patients how to
use the GDA label which now appears on thousands of food products, and shows
they can use it to help them choose a healthier diet. It provides simple
information on one side aimed
at the patient, whilst allowing you to see more detailed information at the

Portions sizes for the purposes of nutrition labelling brochure

Brochure produced by the Confederation of the Food and Drink Industries of the
EU (CIAA) outlining their proposed approach for portion sizes, for the purposes
of nutrition labelling which FDF supports.

New legislation on food labelling[8] is currently being discussed by the European Parliament and the Council. One
important aspect includes the provision of nutritional information on a
per portion basis.

In light of current ongoing discussions, this brochure outlines how portions, in
the context of
portion-based nutrition information, should be determined for foods and
non-alcoholic drinks.

Last reviewed: 28 Apr 2014